1750 Yosemite DriveLos Angeles, CA 90041
(323) 340-3500(323) 255-3398 (fax)
Soaring Eagle Education Foundation and Community Scholarships for Eagles are available.
March 23rd will be a minimum day with dismissal at 12:38pm. Office Hours will be available until 1:08pm.
Spring Break will be March 26th through April 2nd. School resumes on Tuesday, April 3rd.
All students must turn in a Parent Notification / Acknowledgement for Computing Devices & Responsible Use Policy form. The form must be returned to the Attendance Office.
Parent Notification/Acknowledgement for Computing Devices
PARENT and STUDENT NOTIFICATION Rules Concerning Use of Loaned Computing Devices (i.e., Tablets, Laptops) and Related Accessories Assigned to Students.
Responsible Use Policy
All uses of the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) computer and network systems by students, employees, contractors, and others are subject to the LAUSD’s Responsible Use Policy (RUP).
World Down Syndrome Day, was selected to signify the uniqueness of the triplication (trisomy) of the 21st chromosome which leads to Down Syndrome. Join us to “Rock your Socks” by wearing mismatched socks on Wednesday, March 21, which is World Down Syndrome Day.
1. Tomorrow is a Professional Development Day with a 1:30pm dismissal. Teachers will be meeting by department and WASC Focus Groups. Our WASC Accreditation Visit is happening now until March 21. The report is available on our website. Thank you to our students, parents, and faculty who have been participating in our visit.
2. Congratulations to our Robotics Team and History Day LA Team for competing this weekend and representing our school.
3. Remember that next week is Spring break. School will be closed from March 26-30, except for Spring Plus for our students who need credit recovery for graduation.
If you are 16 or 17 years old, you can use this online registration application to pre-register to vote.
If you are 18 years or older, to register online you will need:
1. Information regarding the National School Walkout on March 14 was sent to period 2 classes this week. It is attached to the e-mail. Please continue to speak with your student about making safe and responsible choices.
2. Our WASC Accreditation Visit is March 18-21. The report is available on our website. Remember to rock the ROCK: Respect our school and community, Optimize effort, Challenge Learning, and Kindness Matters.
3. There will not be a school-wide Open House on Thursday afternoon.
The Central Performing Arts Festival is from 8am-2pm tomorrow at Maya Angelou HS. Come by and see our Theater Class in action!
1. Congratulations to Girls Soccer who finished as Runner Ups in the City Championship Game. Congratulations as well to Girls Basketball who finished 4th overall in LA City. We are so proud of the stellar play of our athletes!
Elizabeth Grimm and Riley Strozykowski earned 3rd place at the SkillsUSA regional competition for Television Production. The theme of this video was "skill plus vision equals success".
Maya Bellew and Brandon Kenny's 1st place film for SkillsUSA Region 3 Digital Cinema. A transgender man who was banished by his parents seeks solace with a friend that takes him to his community theater group. When the lead actor can't make the show, the fate of the production is on the line, and everyone turns to the new guy.
March IB Learner Profile: Responsible Risk-Taker
"We approach uncertainty with forethought and determination; we work independently and cooperatively to explore new ideas and innovative strategies. We are resourceful and resilient in the face of challenges and change."
IB Learner Profile Quote: “If you're not making mistakes, you're not taking risks, and that means you're not going anywhere.” -John W. Holt